Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ohhhhhhh tuesday. i kind of hate you.

Tuesdays are not my favorite lately. My job at the dental office stresses me out. The office manager is evil (really), and I worry about not knowing everything or getting behind my schedule, and I tell myself I hate cleaning teeth. Most of the stress is in my head. I psych myself up for it all week, and by Monday night I'm a total mess. I wake up at 3:00 am and can't sleep. There are usually tears. I decide I'm going to quit, then decide I'm not a quitter, I need dental office experience and I have to stick it out.

But Klane always meets me for lunch, and he makes me laugh, and sometimes takes silly pictures of us while we're waiting for our food at a street cart (I give myself a break from packing us lunches on Tuesday). He's a good husband.

I also usually talk to my mom a bit, and her voice always cheers me up. She's a good mom.



And by the end of the day, I realize that I really can do this. The job really isn't that bad. The doc is super nice. And it's fun meeting all the patients, seeing them come in apprehensive or dubious about the "new girl" and then leave happy.

Actually, I might kind of sort of like it. Just a little.

Until next week, Tuesday. Good riddance.

11 comments:

Casey said...

Oh goodness, I am a bad friend. You mustn't listen to me anymore, you mustn't. *is 'mustn't' even a word?? it looks funny*

anyways, work. we shall play on the weekends...unless you decide to quit on your own... then that's your choice... just sayin'

pandorasbox said...

I can relate...I feel that way about one of the sites where I work the patients/students are scheduled back to back every half hour. I don't have a break not even for lunch...the school district says...we may get you guys some help but just be glad you have a job. :-/ Once I am there I am fine working with the students who have Autism, my heart just breaks for their families.

Hang in there...this will be but a memory eventually and if it doesn't kill us it will make us stronger right?

Abbie said...

Just remember there is always a Wednesday after a Tuesday! YOU CAN DO IT!! AND YOU CAN ROCK IT!!

We'll see you at 7pm! I'll email my address.

Mills Family said...

Oh, Ang, I love your blog!! It ALWAYS makes me smile...and even usually down right LAUGH!!!!!! Keep enduring the work. I know you are gonna end up lovin that job. .....or at least liking it. ....or maybe you'll hate it still! OH, I'm no help really, am I--

Ren said...

This reminded me of this...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/it_only_tuesday

Ren said...

btw... do not read the above news link if swearing offends you greatly, or if you hate laughing.

Katherine said...

HANG IN THERE! If it's any consolation, I bet all the patients love you.

How fun to know that Klane will meet you for lunch and make you laugh... (cute shot of him, btw)!!

Calee said...

Ang, you are a brave woman! And a hard worker; knowing you, you would be mad at yourself if you gave up and quit. AND, when you guys move back it will be nice to have the experience under your belt so you can slide right into a hygiene job. As you know it pays so much better out here than ortho assisting. You are a smartie and are loved more than the evil office manager:).

Sharla said...

I love all the great advice and support posted, and bottem line is you will always end up doing what is best. Opportunities to learn and grow come in all kinds of packages and you seem to be getting the mother load lately, and yet look at you two! You are amazing and wonderful and full of potential to conquer the world! Thanks for your great example! Tuesdays only come around once a week!

Sharla said...

Just went blog stalking and Oh I love you Angie! You are a superstar!

Amber and Ryan said...

Oh man Angie. I have yet to enter the dental hygiene field and reading this makes me even more nervous! Your a trooper. I hope I can be as brave as you.