Wednesday, September 23, 2009

i think i need this post more than you do

So, I have been extremely busy lately. But the fact that I haven't posted for three days is really nagging at me. I will not feel complete until I post. So, here is an update:

~ I think I forgot to mention that I'm now working full time. I decided to work four days a week (instead of two) at the ortho office, because I love it there. I'm working one day a week at a dental office, keeping up my hygiene skills. This new five day work week is doing wonders for our bank account, but is not so great for the socializing, photographing, apartment-cleaning, blogging, laundry-doing, exercising, and cooking parts of my life. I'm working on adjusting.

~ We bought PAINT on Saturday. So excited. We're going to do half the apartment in "Cool Sky" and half "Swan Wing." Don't those just sound delightful?


~ Also on that outing, we got our first hot dog from a street cart. It was just what you would expect. Nothing life-altering, but good. Here are pictures of us:




~ We're not talking about the outcome of the most recent BYU game, but I'll mention we watched it with a group of friends at Robby and Kelsey's, which was fun.

~ Speaking of football season, fall is in the air and we are loving the perfect temperatures, cooler nights and lower humidity. Can't wait to break out the jackets, scarves and layers. And take pictures in Central Park when the leaves change.

~ Our class was Out. Of. Control. on Sunday. Having 17 teenagers in one class, many of whom don't want to be there in the first place, is not a good idea. Don't worry, the bishop is calling another teacher and dividing the class.

~ On Monday Klane surprised me by showing up at my office after work, whisking me to the AT&T store and buying me an iPhone before I could even think to protest. I hardly knew what hit me and am still getting used to the idea that I actually have one. It's awesome though!


It also serves as a mini mirror, which is convenient:

If I look stressed, it's probably because I've never gone this long between highlighting my hair. Like most things in New York, getting highlights is three times as expensive here as it was back home. Think I can make it till Christmas? (Me neither.)

~ An accomplished violinist moved into an apartment on our floor, and she practices almost every night. We love it. It makes us feel like we live in a very fancy building with classical music playing in the lobby or something. I want to bake her cookies to thank her.

~ We made a trip to Target. Always a huge treat. Just walking through those doors made me feel all warm and fuzzy. We got stuff to decorate/organize the apartment. And I bought scarves. Proof (me, in Target, with scarf):


~ And since I've posted a lot of videos lately, what the heck, here's another to add to the batch. These subway performers on the Lexington line drew a crowd:


10 comments:

Mike said...

Introducing... iangie!

Mills Family said...

Ang! This post was so great tonight to read- I love the scarf too by the way! So, I am really jealous about you getting to listen to the beautiful violin each and every night! Hot dogs, taxis, interesting performers anywhere and everywhere, Oh, I love your life in NEW YORK!!!

Abbie said...

What a great update! I love the scarf. I'm so excited to see your apartment. I hate hot dogs, but you two are cute eating them. I'm still jealous of your phone (I'm working on Forrest).

Ashleigh said...

You are too cute! You are a busy woman, but that is good! It keeps life interesting right?

Sharla said...

Oh the life in NYC! Everyone waits for your posts to see what will happen next and it never disappoints! You area a doll and I am sorry I missed you last night. Brandon said he had a good visit with you. Love ya tons. By the way you look so beautiful in those pictures. You are incredible you know!! My girl friends were talking about how amazing you are and all your beauty and talent and brains. Wew! How did you end up with it all! You make me happy!!

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now said...

Another adorable post! I LOVE that scarf. The hotdog pictures are making my mouth water lol. You two are so so cute!!!

Ryan and Donna said...

I was getting worried....3 days without a post. Its good to know you are okay. I can't wait for the fall pictures of Central Park. Connecticut (my mish) was always at the peak of its fall colors on Columbus Day each year. You are lucky to live back there. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Dayna said...

can't wait to see your place with its new coloring!

and the pictures of the fall leaves. they will no doubt look amazing.

Morgan said...

Adorable! Need I say more? Probably not, but you know by now that I talk a lot, so you know that I will:)
-I am very, very excited to see your apartment once it's all painted. New paint is exciting stuff, and those colors sound so pretty and perfect.
-What brave people you are to try the hot dogs. My mom is in love with them, but I've never tried one.
-YAY for your new iPhone!
-You look so cute in the scarf!

Ok, I could say more (you know that I could), but I think I'll just end it right here by saying that I loved the update and that I'm glad to see all of the exciting things that you've been up to!

Gaskin Girl said...

Yay for it all ~ iPhone, paint, Target, and working full time! Super cool! And yes, I do feel all warm and fuzzy whenever I walk into Target. One of the biggest perks of living outside of Utah County: having 3 Targets within 15 minutes of my house! Wohoo!! Needless to say, I go there ALL. THE. TIME!!

Have fun in your newly painted apartment. SUPER COOL!