Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowy Night Out

After bundling up and heading to the church, only to find out the stake dance had been cancelled due to the approaching blizzard, we decided we couldn't waste the evening. We were bundled, we were outside, it was snowing, and we were excited. I wanted to be outside in the storm, to run around and frolic in the snow. And so we did.

On the way to dinner we walked through Madison Square Park. I was SO excited about the snow, I was running and jumping around and throwing it in the air. We took a fun little video and I wanted to post it to show you the snow and lights. But I can't because I was embarrassingly crazy and overexcited. I don't want that on the internet. :)

We headed to Blue Smoke to try their barbeque (the sweet potato fries were definitely the highlight). I guess since people aren't used to snow around here, most people just stay inside when it snows. It was amazing! The city was so quiet and there was no wait at the restaurant! We loved it. It was like a whole different city. And the snow falling was definitely magical. I was so excited. We walked up to 34th street to see Macy's and just to appreciate being out in the falling snow. It was so fun!






Believe it or not, this abandoned Taxi was sitting in the middle of Broadway. Crazy!




6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I cant believe how desolate the city looked. An abandoned taxi in the middle of broadway!?!?!?!? NO WAY!!!!

Abbie said...

fun! I love the one of you two kissing in the snow - awww. Romantic!

Sheralee said...

Fun!!! I think you should post the video! :) I hope it snows here again soon! It's so beautiful and magical. I think snow is at least 50% of the magic of Christmas for me. You and Klane are so cute. I love it! He beats those junior high second pagers by a million miles! haha

Dayna said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys got. My sister Lauren had two flights cancelled for home because of the snow. She was finally able to leave today. Glad you are enjoying it!! I love the snow.

Katherine said...

What a beautiful, romantic and fun post! So Christmas-y. I just love how excited you two got out playing in the snow!

Sharla said...

Perfect evening and much more romantic than going to a youth stake dance to watch the kids! And Dad and I loved the video. We watched it over and over again and loved your excitement! Thats our Angie girl!!