Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Sledding



The Smith family came to Sundance a few hours before our New Year's Eve party for some quality sledding on the hill in front of the cabin. There was a lot of snow and we had so much fun! I am bias, but I think these are some of the cutest kids in existence. I just want to eat them. We sledded until it started getting dark, then headed in to warm up before the big New Year's bash.

(fyi: these pictures enlarge when clicked)


Nathan with Luke and Tessa hanging on


(They sort of sunk.)


Lukey bombing straight for Ethan. Look at that malicious smile.


Crash!


...and they both came up smiling.


The creator of said adorable children, budding photographer Lynsie.


Tessa in her pink glory. Boots, hat, snowpants, jacket, socks, coat. All PINK.
She kept rolling around in the snow with a huge smile on her face.


Ethan post-crash. Still happy!


Cute brother Brandon hiking up...


...and coming back down!

After hours of fun, including a three foot drop off the retaining wall and a face plant in powder by Ethan, we found shelter in the garage where we left all our frozen, wet clothes to dry.


cold hands


+ frozen faces


+ pink cheeks


= very happy kids!

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Oh my goodness! That is the funnest post! Love those cute little faces and the hot cocoa party after was fun for me since I don't do the cold stuff. Besides I got the wonderful job of feeding and rocking the baby while you guys played outside. I think my job was the best! Love you!

Dayna said...

i love these shots! it makes me want to go sledding right now, seriously. dang, i need to get better at my photography skills. You are truly amazing! I am so lazy.

PS. It was so fun seeing you too!! Wish we lived closer. And I am still set on coming to visit you guys... maybe when the weather warms up.

Katherine said...

What a darling little family! Lynsie looks JUST like her mom! What a doll.

The sledding looked like a blast-- what a great activity to wrap up 2009!

Abbie said...

Cute kids indeed.

Okay, that's what I want to learn next (your first picture). How do I focus on a face that is not the closest thing to my lens.

We really need to get together.

Lindsay said...

AH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "frozen faces" picture!!!! I want to frame it and put it in my house...and I dont even know the kid!