Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Victory

One of the things I was most looking forward to when we visited home was the BYU vs. Utah game. I really love watching football. Especially BYU football. And as a true blue cougar fan, I also love watching the University of Utah (our rivals) lose. I won't be as publicly emphatic about my hatred of Utah as Max Hall was in his comments after the game Saturday night, but let's just say I also harbor a very strong feeling of rivalry toward them.

We've been watching the games all season via video chat. You can imagine how that would compromise the audio/video quality of the game, but we'll take what we can get. When the opportunity arose to watch one of the games in person, in cougar stadium, against Utah (definitely the most crazy and exciting game of the year), I was so excited.



Tell me you don't love Klane's full grown moustache in this video. I will tell you I don't. :) No no, really it wasn't too bad. There were only two days left in Movember at this point.


We loved being at the game with my dad and Brandon, and it was all the more sweet when BYU beat Utah in overtime. Thousands of fans poured onto the field, and we joined the fray. It was awesome. My dad was one of the people to hoist Andrew George over the crowd after he scored the winning touchdown. Check it out in the video below, but turn your computer volume down first, it's pretty loud!



The hero, #88 Andrew George, who ran in the winning touchdown in overtime.




Thanks dad, for taking us to the game. It was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend! Go COUGARS!!!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Okay, this is one thing we don't have in common. I hate watching football. BUT I'm so glad you had fun. And those pictures and videos are awesome!

Mills Family said...

I have looked at this post a couple different times and i keep wanting to make sure that Jay sees it too. That was an awesome game...crazy!! We were texting Brian afterwards. So fun!

Sharla said...

How bout those Cougs! Great post Angie, so fun to relive the game!! That was about the most exciting finish I've ever experienced....and the best part was having you guy here to experience it together. Sooo fun. Lubs, Dad

Sharla said...

Dad had such a fun lunch hour just perusing your blog and smilin and laughin and enjoyng the posts. We are so glad you post so often so we feel we don't miss out on as much while we are so far apart! We just love our kids!