Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving at Grandma's

We've had a whirlwind week and I'm finally taking a second to blog it. Our trip to Utah was so wonderfully perfect and filled to the brim with fun activities and people we love dearly. I only wish it could've lasted longer. I can't fully express how great it was to be home and see all our family who we've missed so much! I loved seeing all of you! We're really looking forward to Christmas.

We were so happy we got to share Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family, and had almost everyone there! I loved being at grandma and grandpa's house in Cedar, the house I grew up visiting them in. I'm so happy we were able to fit everyone in and celebrate Thanksgiving there. So many memories have been shared there with so many of the people sitting at the table with us. We feel so thankful for our wonderful family.

And of course, with the Heap family's culinary powers combined, we had one big, amazing, home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone pitched in and it came together perfectly! I've got a lot of great cooks in my family. Enjoy some photos of the day.




Kyle and Michelle provided a beautiful turkey.

Helping hands.

My beautiful Gram.

Michelle and her amazing creamy delicious mashed potatoes.


Cute place cards and favors by aunt SheraLyn and cousin Sheralee.

My Grandpa, counting his blessings before dinner :)

I love my grandparents. They gave a little speech at dinner.

14 comments:

Sheralee said...

loved it and love you! :) It was a very good weekend. Our Grammy is the cutest! I love our family so much! When you were talking about memories of their house it reminded of that one time when you had that hot pink crocheted toilet paper cover and you walked through the living room and the kitchen doing a different silly thing with it every time, like wearing it as a hat. I remember Grandma and I laughed so hard!! We had some very silly, very good times! :)

Sara said...

beautiful pics ang :) i especially love the one of your cute grandpa!

Sharla said...

Oh, we have been waiting for these and we were not dissapointed. Such beautiful photography and such wonderful people. What a perfect Thanksgiving we had with almost everyone. Missing Justin this week and counting the days until we can call him all together at Christmas. Oh so Thankful for my kids and husband and wonderful family on both sides!

Alyssa/Jo said...

All I can think is about how much food you needed to have in order to feed all of those people! I'm glad you got to come back for the holiday. Being with family is the best!

Sheralee said...

it was a "phenomenal" idea!! :) heehee

Amber and Ryan said...

I love your pictures Angie! Happy Holidays!

Dayna said...

mmm all those pictures make me want to eat a thanksgiving meal all over again!

Morgan said...

Gorgeous pictures! The one of your grandfather just about made me cry. What a beautiful moment. I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm SO happy that you finally got to go home!

Sheralee said...

I remembered phenomenal but I can't for the life of me remember how in the world we got on the subject of fat rolls. I remember it was something random...like someone cooking rolls that were fat or something. I actually have thought about this quite a bit over the years but it has never come. :)

Abbie said...

I want to come to your next Thanksgiving. It looks wonderful. I'm so happy you got to go and be with your family. And, as always, your pictures are beautiful.

Yelena said...

those place cards are so adorable! and i love those little turkey thigns..cute! :)
what an organized dinner for so many people! wow..impressive! :)

Sharla said...

I love my Dad!!

Sharla said...

....and my Mom!!!

Mills Family said...

ANG! I have been meaning to tell you how much I loved this post! Your pics are so beautiful and they capture "THANKS-giving" in so many different ways and on so many different levels!