Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Subway Tunnel Love

Klane's subway stop for work is the Rockefeller Center station. I transfer at that stop on my commute every day. Sometimes we meet below ground on the subway platform and ride home together. This is tricky since there's no cell service down there. We have a secret special meeting spot on the platform where we know we will find each other. It's always fun to walk down the subway stairs with the expectation of seeing a familiar, favorite face in a crowd of strangers.

Last Friday I spotted Klane waiting on the platform next to a pillar. Our eyes met and I walked toward him. When I reached him, he pulled out a bouquet of flowers from behind the pillar! It was the most romantic moment of my week.
I think I picked a good husband. I'm glad he picked me too.



"Let's take a picture!" "No wait, the train's coming!" "Just hold still!" (click)

Our lives have been very very busy busy busy lately. I wish I could post here every day. But the posts would say, "I went to work today. I got home at 7:00. We ate food. We played video games/watched a movie. Then went to sleep." That's pretty much it. Work, eat, sleep, work. Oh and church on Sunday. I've even worked a few Saturdays. These New Yorkers know how to work! Kind of nuts.

This week we are: attending company Christmas parties (to which spouses are not invited, unlike back home. BOOO.), feeding the missionaries, doing last-minute Christmas shopping, chaperoning a youth stake dance, visiting/home teaching, and gearing up for our trip home next week. Home! Next week!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Dear Angie I have never posted on your blog before....how rude of me. I think it would be absolutely exhilerating to read about your day to day work/food/movie/sleeping experiances. And I'm saying that in a completely unsarcastical way. Pretty much I vote yes to daily or every other day blogging!

Casey said...

You two are ADORABLE! That would just make my day. Keep up the good work Klane. You're a lucky man!!

PS. Todd's company party is no spouses either! AH I hate nyc parties.

PPS. I still love nyc. :)

Abbie said...

That is so romantic! Klane! Good job!

You get to go home next week! AHHHH!

Sharla said...

Love romance, and flowers, Klane is the man. Funny that I was just thinking of how he surprised you at Christmas time a few years ago with your romantic and elaborate engagement! He really did it up right and now at Christmas time, I think of that. Good memories. They make the crazy times bearable!

Yelena said...

haha.. funny caption.
thats so sweet of him..it's like a romantic scene out of a movie!! :)

Morgan said...

How adorable is that! Very. Just another reason why you're the cutest couple ever:)

I have heard many a story about subway love. They're always adorable. I had a roommate who started dating a guy who she'd see every day as she was getting on the train and he was getting off. It was so cute! That subway is quite the romantic little place.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Husbands who give flowers are the best :-)

emily kate said...

I love this!

Amber and Ryan said...

Surprise flowers...very sweet. I love reading about your New York adventures! Please post more.

Katherine said...

How darling! Just like Serendipity. Love it.