Friday, July 31, 2009

wanderings in the village

True to my word, I went back to the Village to wander around.



Check out these great doors. I especially love the one that's crooked. That's not all camera angle; it was built that way. Click to enlarge them and get a closer look.




The buildings there have so much character. Many of them were built in the 1800's.




I love how the streets in the West Village don't follow the grid pattern of most of the rest of the city. Nothing makes sense; it's a fun place to get a little lost.




Of course a stop at Yogurtland is a must. I mean, if you're in the area... you basically have to, right?



The Hudson River Park is another favorite feature of the area. It's really beautiful and very well maintained. It's lovely to walk along the river there in the evening, since it's on the west side of the island you get a great view of the sunset over NJ.




I love these guys' hats.

9 comments:

Abbie said...

Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT! You're making me crazy! I CAN'T WAIT!! OK, you have to take me back to every single place you've been, deal? I've never been to the Village, but REALLY want to go, esp now after looking at these pictures.

We move in Sat. Aug. 15th. I will definitely let you know if we need help, esp with the babies. I know they're going to be shot (we're doing a long roadtrip before we arrive in NYC). So, thank you for the offer! I will probably take you up on it.

becca said...

i'm so glad you like my blog and left me a comment! i just read through a bunch of your posts, and it looks like you're having a great time in the city. it makes me almost miss it. haha. i love all of your photos, and i'm going to add you to my reader.

Sydna Graf said...

Congrats on the Googlie Award!

Angie said...

Haha, thanks!

Mills Family said...

oh man! I feel like I was just there with you wondering around snapping pics of fun and spontaneous wonderful things...I love the ones with the random people in them...just out doing what their doing. Very cool!

Sharla said...

K, so did you win something for your Award, or just the fame of the award. Nice job! I want to go to these places also. I bet fall in NYC is beautiful.

Angie said...

The award was from a blog where you submit the craziest google search term that someone found your blog through. Mine was "I wonder if this is how black people in provo feel...?" Which means someone got on google, typed that in, and my blog came up, and they clicked on it. Random? I thought it was funny, so I submitted it, and I got the most votes for funniest search term. There you have it. Googlie award.

holly brooke said...

My best friend and I would always start our trips into the city from the Jersey Path, and get off on 9th Street. It is by far my favorite place to wander and dream we lived behind one of those pretty doors and lovely steps! I'm in love with the black shutters and brick!

We also always went to an ice cream shop in china town that had the craziest flavors. I can't remember the name, but I'll figure it out. Speaking of sweets, I just discovered yogurtland in california... it's a quickly growing obsession!

emily said...

I have a picture of that very same blue door! Right by Milk and Cookies, right? This is making me home sick for NYC! Vegas is soooo ugly!