Friday, February 26, 2010

I guess I just can't help myself.

Here is yet another post with pictures in Central Park. It looks different every day! And, I brought the camera this time. The city is covered in over a foot of snow, and the park was absolutely gorgeous this morning. In the snow, it really takes on an almost magical quality.


I've always loved how the edge of Central Park makes this hulking wall that seems to separate it from the city.


This is why you need boots. Plus it just feels good to stomp through 6 inch deep puddles with them.










Snow up to the tops of my boots! Now that is deep!






Obviously I can't help myself.
(Although, isn't it amazing to see what 24 hours of snowfall can do?)





And yes, I was 45 minutes late to work. :) Don't worry, we didn't see patients today, and I called first to make sure it was okay. It was a relaxed day, the doc ordered us pizza from Patsy's, and we got off at 4:45. What a great day!

Tonight, Klane has a scout campout. Yes, even in the storm! Before you get too worried, let me tell you that the plan is to spend the first half of the night with pizza, multiple TVs and Playstations at the church. (Nice city campout, guys.) Later they'll build snowcaves and camp in someone's backyard. Apparently. ;)

13 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Central Park is BEAUTIFUL in the snow!!! Such pretty pictures, Ang. And boy, those scouts have it rough, don't they? :-)

Emily said...

So beautiful! I love the one with the footprints, I know just what it feels like to stop through that kind of slush.

Sharla said...

Worth the wait to see the park thru the lens of your big camera. I am loving that you finally got your BIG storm and it didn't disappoint. Wonder if Justin got some of this white stuff. What an adventure you are having and just wait until the Park makes it's big move to Spring. Oh the flowers and green stuff. It will be breath taking in a whole new way!

Calee said...

I love the pic from behind of the other photographer:).

Morgan said...

It does look very magical! I'd say that it was definitely worth being late to work to take pictures. I love them all! The birds are so cute. Pizza at work and getting off early make for a pretty great Friday!

Try to stay warm and dry and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Abbie said...

Beautiful photos! So glad I missed the storm:)

Robert and Lindsay said...

awww the lovely snow! i am glad that you find it so beautiful! sighning up for the half was the best thing i've ever done.. it motivates my lazy butt to work out!!!!

Sara said...

You are my FAVORITE! I am really REALLY excited to see you next week! Thanks for all your encouragement. I love it and most of the time it's just what i need to hear :)

Celeste Miller said...

That's my kind of campout! I love all the snowy pics :)

Katherine said...

Those two little birds are ADORABLE! Love your winter wonderland pics. Pristine.

Glad you could enjoy a fun "Casual Friday" and excited to hear the riveting details about Klane's wintry scout campout in The City!!!!!

Dominique said...

I stumbled upon your blog while blog surfing and I thought I should leave you a comment and commend you on the design of it! I don't know if this is a template or your own design but it looks really great!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Ahh Angie, I just miss your face everytime I visit your blog! Your pictures are stunning as always! I love the two little plump birds together, so cute! Miss you lots and lots sister! Love ya!

Andrea said...

I LOVE YOUR RAINBOOTS.