Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A realization.

I'm looking forward to Spring and the weather warming up. March is coming in just two weeks. March equals Spring, right? Spring equals warmer temperatures, right? Right...?

Sure, it's snowed twice in the last week. But in the city it gets shoveled and salted and cleaned up so quickly that you kind of forget about it. So I deluded myself into thinking warmer weather was just a few weeks away. The snow was pretty much gone except for some piles on the edge of the sidewalks and street corners, and I could just imagine coming back from my trip to Utah in March to find a city on its way to springtime.

Well, today I went for a walk in the park and realized it is still definitely WINTER! I was shocked to find like a foot of snow there! I had sort of assumed the snow from last week's storm had already melted away, based off what I'd seen on the streets of the city. Boy was I wrong! It was kind of sad to realize how long it's been since I've been exposed to "nature". I should probably go to the park more often. This nature stuff is great.

Despite the snow and my realization that there is still a long way to go before we start seeing green on the trees again, it was beautiful in the park today. Here are some phone pictures!













11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ducks walking on the ice! How cute.

Andrea said...

That first picture with the ducks on the ice belongs in a magazine, Angie!!

Abbie said...

At preschool all the parents told me end of April or beginning of May is when it finally warms up. AHHHHH!!!! I'm going to go crazy! CRAZY!!!!

I'm looking into staying in Texas until then. I wish...

Casey said...

I haven't had a chance to get to Central Park while it was snowy, so I absolutely love your pictures. It looks beautiful!

Although I sure dread the cold weather, the beauty of the snow makes it manageable....almost.

Katherine said...

I love the ducks...and the dogs... and the patriotic snowman! That is Gapstow Bridge, right? I have a poster of that very bridge in a wintry scene with the Plaza Hotel behind it-- sooo pretty! Good for you for getting "back to nature"-- and treating us to such spectacular images!!

Btw, once the return flight of our NYC Easter trip (mid-April that year) almost got cancelled because of -- you guessed it: SNOW!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

That picture of the ducks is BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I love it. Central Park really is breathtaking at all times of year. You've done such an amazing job capturing it!

The Bosch was a wedding gift from my parents and it IS pretty fantastic (right now, we actually use the blender part of it most often, for protein shakes and such). But it is only white, which makes it far less exciting than those colorful Kitchenaids! Your red one is so classic.

Oh and you're right about Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday! My limited French knowledge and googling revealed that Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday, but apparently Mardi Gras lasts longer than just that one day? Maybe? I'm sort of glad neither of us know the actual answer to that haha!

aubrey said...

ooo you're pics are awesome! i can't wait for spring either!

Dayna said...

i can't wait for spring too. its not even funny. i want it to be warm SO BAD. i guess its good you have some snow left around. if its going to be cold then there at least has to be some snow on the ground. and i think i'm the 100th person who also loves the duck picture!!

Sharla said...

I can't believe these shots were just taken randomly as you walked thru the Park! And on your cell phone!! You should be in a iphone commercial or something. Wow! Just beautiful and you really have a way of catching the essence of what is going on, so we can all enjoy it with you, even if you were a little disappointed about spring being farther away than you thought! We are all ready for winter to be done!

Katherine said...

Sharla makes a very good point. C'mon, ATT iPhone execs!

Mills Family said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I love LOVE LOVE these pics! They are sooooo GORGEOUS! And as I scanned through them, I was thinking..."I LOVE the color of them...the camera tricks that Angie uses!". Then, I realize that they are cell pics! Ang, my cell doesn't do that kind of picture taking! Wow! Anyway, truly beautiful!!!!!