Thursday, July 23, 2009

counting blessings

Sometimes I get sad and wonder why anyone would ever want to live in this big, stinky, noisy, crowded city. (It's usually on days when I've been cooped up inside the apartment all day. Tuesday it rained. All. Day. Long.)

But then I get to go to work, on Park Avenue, for heaven's sake. My walk there is beautiful in the morning light.



I get to work at a really great office. (This is it:)



I get to meet my cute husband for lunch.



I get to be married to this handsome guy.



We get to meet up with friends for dinner at a crazy cool restaurant.



And then I realize I should stop feeling sorry for myself because life really isn't so bad. There is a lot to be grateful for and although it's inconvenient and lonely and hard sometimes, living in NYC is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so we ought to soak it up while we're here.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

There are always two ways to look at any situation and you are doing great there in the City!!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I don't have internet again so it's hard to keep up with you! I'm so excited you got a job to keep you busy til your license arrives. That Indian restaurant looks like a ton of fun. And your friend Lindsay...she was in my ward in Utah...I only spoke to her once or so but again, I couldn't believe how small a world it is. I love all your posts and wish I could comment on them all!

k. said...

There's a chocolate shop right by there... on Park... maybe in the 50s... I forgot what it's called, but it's amazing. On the east side of the street. You should go there. They have gelato that is unbelievable. And also, another place (a chocolate/patisserie shop) that has amazing macaroons... both names are totally escaping me. BRB. :)