Sunday, July 5, 2009

free friday at the moma

One of the things on our must-do list was the MoMA. We took advantage of the free admission on Friday night and wandered around the museum for a couple hours. Sara and Klane probably appreciated it more than Mike and I, since they know about good design and Sara has studied art. For me it was cool to see everything and to expand the way I think about art. There are a lot of things in there that you wouldn't think of as art, but when you think about it and notice the way it's designed or the concept the artist had, you can see the art in it.






Mike's reaction to a lot of the modern art. I can't say I totally disagree.


Listening to the audio tour, next to a jeep which is apparently art.



Tiny trees on an architectural model landscape.




Before the security guard yelled at me to "STEP AWAY FROM THE PAINTING, MA'AM." because when I pointed at it he thought I was going to touch it. (I wasn't. I'm not stupid.)


And... after. Sara abandoned me! (Just kidding, Sar.)

4 comments:

Mills Family said...

Hi ANg! oh, these posts are so fun! I'm just relaxing here on this sunday evening and catching up with what you and Mike & Sara have been doing! Oh, I feel like I'm getting to tag along through the blog! Thanks! You are having blast!!!

Sharla said...

They get very uptight in those settings, don't they!

Sara said...

he he he i apologize for ditching you :)

Ryan and Donna said...

It kinda seemed like the Dharma Initiative in that Museum.