Wednesday, July 15, 2009

philharmonic @ the park

The NY Philharmonic does a few free concerts in Central Park during the summer. I think it's so cool that 80,000 New Yorkers crowded onto the Great Lawn to hear Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7 played live. What a neat experience to spread out your blanket, hang out on the lawn and enjoy classical music in such a diverse crowd of people.


Unfortunately Klane had to be at scouts and couldn't make it, but I still had lots of good company. I met up early with Kathryn and friends for seat-saving, yummy treats and chatting.


Then a little later I was joined by my cousin Ashley and her brand-new husband Matt, who were passing through town on their way back from a month-long honeymoon trip to Europe. Lots to talk about! It was so fun to catch up.



At the end they had a fireworks show! Love that! I really loved this event; I might have to bring Klane back for round two on Friday night.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Dang, ya'll were close! We were so far back we couldn't even hear the music! haha

Lindsay Henderson said...

Miss ya! Looks like you're having a blast=)Mangie, love ya

Marci + Dan said...

You had fantastic seats!