Friday, July 10, 2009

the today show

Rascal Flatts performed live on the Today Show this morning, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them for free. Especially since I transfer subway trains at the Rockefeller station anyway, so it was pretty much on my way to work! I'm not a really avid country music listener except for a couple artists that I really like. These guys are one of them. I love their music. Some of their songs actually make me cry because of the memories they bring back. (Embarrassing, right?) Klane was awesome and got up extra early to come with me.

It was so much fun! We got there just before 7:00, which is when the concert supposedly "started", and they were already playing a song. But after that first one, they didn't play again until 8:20! It was still really fun to be there, watch the show being filmed live, share our breakfast of blueberry muffins on the plaza, see some famous people, and observe all the crazy tourists with their signs scrambling to get on camera. (It's hilarious how people transform when they think they might be on TV.) The one song we were able to watch them perform was great!

Rockefeller Center at 7:00 am. Can you see the window-washer suspended up there? He looks tiny!

Cute husband who woke up at 6:30 for me. :) He's nice.



Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer chumming with the fans.

The crowd to our left suddenly started screaming and taking pictures, and we looked over thinking it might be a member of Rascal Flatts signing autographs. We could only see the back of this little short guy, and I told Klane he wasn't in the band, he was way shorter than any of the members. Then he turned around and I exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! It's Harry Potter!"




Turns out Daniel Radcliffe was a guest on the show today. He was so small in person! I swear, he couldn't have been taller than 5'5". He was really cute with the fans though, signing autographs and smiling for pictures and talking with people. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Here's a link to his interview on the show today.


And... Rascal. They're so good! We didn't bother fighting to the front of the crowd, which turned out well since they only played one song and I had to get to work shortly after. I'm so glad we went, it was such a fun way to start the day!

13 comments:

Dayna said...

Ok, I know I'm a dork, but I think that is the coolest thing ever that you saw HARRY POTTER (and rascal flatts too of course). How fun!!! He does like kind of puny in those photos... poor guy. ha jk. Great pics!

Angie said...

I'm a dork too, I was so excited!! All day at work the news kept re-showing a clip of an interview with Emma Watson (Hermione), and I couldn't stop thinking, "I saw your friend Harry this morning!" Haha I was stoked.

Anonymous said...

I think I may love Harry Potter with all my heart. So, that means I'm jealous.

kaylie jean. said...

SAWEEET!

kaylie jean. said...

Also, these pictures are great.

Morgan said...

Ahhh, I love Rascal Flatts! I am way jealous! And Harry Potter, too. It's just not fair!!! He really does look so little even from your pictures. I'd imagined that he'd be a lot taller. What a fun experience that must have been!

Thanks so much for your response to my last post! I replied to your comment on my blog. I really appreciated your willingness to share your views.

Christine said...

so. cool.

i'm jealous!!

:)

Abbie said...

K, that makes me so excited! Can you follow my little family around the whole time we live there? Your pictures are amazing!

theRach said...

That is SO awesome! I love Rascal Flatts, but I think I would have DIED to see Daniel Radcliffe! Lucky duck....

Sara said...

you should have acted out potter puppet pals for him!

Halfords said...

How fun that you saw Harry! I would've died. And you got awesome pics too!

Colette said...

What a fun morning! I totally watched the show that day too! (At least the beginning) Did you see the interview with the guy who lost 400 POUNDS!! amazing...
And then when I got to work, a patient was watching it when Rascal Flatts came on. SO fun that you were there!

Gaskin Girl said...

The coolness just keeps going and going and going...

Next time we go to NYC, I'm definitely doing research on YOUR BLOG to know what to do and where to go! Our last trip to NYC was when we were on Rachael Ray, and we only had an afternoon to walk around Manhattan. It was kind of overwhelming to know what to do, so it turned out kind of lame, so it's fun to live the city through you guys! :)