Thursday, July 30, 2009

washington square park









I'm quickly learning that there is no shortage of perfectly lovely parks in this city. Each one I visit is different and beautiful. I think they're my favorite part of New York. This park's most famous feature is the Washington Square Arch.

I remember visiting here with my parents the first time I came to NY, and I remember I loved the buildings on the north side. I thought it would be so delightful to live in one of those red brick buildings with the perfect stoops and clean white doors.

What I didn't remember was that there's this huge, gorgeous fountain right behind the arch, and lots of garden areas with a wide variety of flowers. (In the mid-day heat, I really had to fight the urge to jump in the fountain with the little kids.) I decided today that I love this park. It's definitely one of my favorites.

6 comments:

rubi said...

wow these pictures are awesome!
i love that fountain too, that would be so much fun as a child.

Abbie said...

I LOVE that park! Your pictures are AMAZING!! Hey, do wanna take pictures of my kids splashing around in it? I'll buy you lunch...at Caracas... Let's do it! Let's plan a day, if you want:)

Sharla said...

Ok looks like next visit we will be heading to this place and who knows, maybe we will end up shopping......

holly brooke said...

hi angie! i got to your blog through taza's, and have to admit i've been loving all your pictures and adventures! I use to work in manhattan and live in jersey, but i feel i've missed so many great places... i need to go back! i'm in love with picture number two and four on this post! may i ask what lense you used? ps. i'm trying your sweet n' spicy asian chicken this weekend! :)

Casey said...

you took the most beautiful pictures of washington square park. I've only been at night, but these make me want to go back during the day. beautiful!

Mills Family said...

Do you know that you are a natural photographer??!! I'm serious! I LOVE THE PICTURES! They are magazine worthy!