Monday, July 13, 2009

a lovely sunday in manhattan

Our Sunday school class was so fun yesterday. The kids were so cute. Maybe it was because we bribed them with cookies, but they were really good. And I love watching Klane teach; he's really great at engaging the kids, making them laugh and teaching principles in a way they understand. I'm so excited about this calling and that we get to do it together!

After church we met up with Casey & Todd, Tommy and Riley at Sheep Meadow to chat, eat treats and read. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of everyone.




People lay out in Central Park all the time. I don't get it - if I am in a swimsuit, especially in a very public place, there should be a body of water somewhere close by. But no one seems to mind that they can't swim to cool off, they just find a spot, strip down and soak up the sun. To me, it's hilarious. We decided that since people don't have back yards, they treat the public park like their yard. They even wear stuff they'd usually wear in the privacy of their back yard. Like a bikini.

4 comments:

pandorasbox said...

I am Emily White's Mom in Law aka...Jared and Jessica's mom. Emily showed me your blog as my husband and I had just been to NYC to visit Jessica in Manhattan. It has been fun to see how you capture the essence of NYC in your photographs. You have such a wonderful way of using a camera and your comments are so right on about Central Park...it is definitely an oasis in the middle of the city and where New Yorkers let it all hang out. Some of the outfits I saw I would not have been caught dead in them. :-P

Dayna said...

what age group do you teach? we have the same calling- for the 14-15 year olds. so fun!

Sarah said...

Okay- I LOVED your story. That is so funny!! I would have been terrified! I am such a baby when it comes to sleeping a lone! I am so glad that your class was good ;) even if it was just for the treats. AND the blue berry pancakes, look delicious. :) you are such a little cooker. I wish I had your passion for it!

Emily said...

Angie I really look forward to your posts! I want to try those blueberry muffins and pancakes asap! how awesome that you went to the today show AND saw Harry Potter! I mean Daniel Radcliffe! Looks like you guys are living the NY life. Congrats on your job as well! My mom-in-law Patti is super nice and likes to take pictures too.