Saturday, July 25, 2009

single for a night

Klane had a scout campout last night. Pat and Lindsay invited me to come hang out with them around the West Village. It was so fun; I didn't even feel like a third wheel! (Thanks, guys.) We watched a free showing of Ghostbusters on Pier 46. The Hudson River Park, with winding paths, trees and all the piers, is so beautiful. I want to go back! Later we wandered through the tiny, tangled streets in the village. That whole area is so cute. It's very picturesque. I love the narrow tree-lined streets, the cute, small buildings, the cobblestone, all the little shops. I want to get back there with a camera, though I don't know if I could really capture the feel of it. We found Milk and Cookies Bakery for a treat. It was a really cute place, and as you can see below I was very serious about their delicious vanilla ice cream.






Thanks Lindsay for thinking to bring your camera and letting me steal your pics. (See Lindsay's post here.)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

yeah!!! Loved it!

k. said...

Ooh, Milk & Cookies has been on my list of places to go for... four years. Was it worth the trek? I've heard yummy things.