Sunday, July 5, 2009

i think i'll eat a lot of ice cream for a few days


Mike and Sara are gone. I am sad.

Now it's back to real life, where Klane goes to work and I'm alone all day. Real life isn't as fun as life when Mike and Sara live with us. We all decided that someday when we have houses we're going to live on the same street. Seriously.

The good news is I'm starting my new job this Wednesday. I picked up two days at an ortho office on Park Avenue. They like to hire hygienists to do their assisting, which is fabulous since I love ortho assisting and have a ton of experience, and this means I can do that and still be paid a hygienist's salary. I'll be filling in the other two or three days of the week at a dental office when I finally get my license.

In other news, Klane and I got callings today. We are team teaching a Sunday school class for the youth, and Klane was also called as an assistant Scoutmaster. He is so excited since he loves the scouting program. We're excited to work with the youth in Harlem. This should be interesting!

4 comments:

emily kate said...

Good luck with the new job! Having a job helped me feel more comfortable here because it kept me busy when my husband was gone all the time! And it got me out, when sometimes I didn't want to go out alone.

Your new callings will be exciting! Jacob did Scouts (will still will for a couple more weeks I guess). The only bummer with that was that it interrupted our Friday night plans all the time!

kaylie jean. said...

Eat that ice cream, girlfriend.

Awesome about the job, and the calling! Good luck-- with both! :)

Sharla said...

You are going to love it! It will be a grand adventure!

Casey said...

Oh yay, assistant Scout Master!! He and Todd can be besties (and hopefully help him along the way since he never did scouts!)