Saturday, June 13, 2009

big apple bbq block party

Klane served his mission in Tennessee, so he's a barbeque connoisseur of sorts. So when we saw the annual Big Apple BBQ Block Party on a list of NYC summer events given to us by a friend, we knew it was a must. It ended up raining, but we were brave and headed to Madison Square Park to partake of the best BBQ from across the nation. They had closed off the surrounding streets for 'pit-masters' from across the nation to set up their stands offering their signature BBQ dishes. It was a fun atmosphere, with live music, delicious smells everywhere, and people walking around licking their fingers and eating. Good times and good food were had.



I made him do this. :)





9 comments:

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Mmmmm...my stomach is growling and I'm thinking BBQ sounds good right now! How fun!

Sara said...

OMG OMG WE ARE COMING TO VISIT YOU!

Sharla said...

Dad just wrote a huge post that had something to do with the fact that we will fly out to this event in the future. You know Dad and BBQ. Hey, it could be a secret Fathers Day trip the we could stage and I would surprise him with!! That could be tons of fun. There is no place quite like NYC!! He just wrote an amazing letter of Recomendation from Dr. Graf!! You know how he stresses over writing! It was fantastic!

Colette said...

Wow, there is an entire animal on that grill. They don't mess around with BBQ!

Casey said...

Yay, we went to the BBQ also! How come we didn't see you? Oh, maybe because there were 20349234,0123 people there! Hah love the slab of pig on the grill!

Alyssa/Jo said...

This will be a comment on several posts...1st, way to go on your interviews. That is so awesome! Your "grown up" outfit was great and I love the pictures Klane took of you. I'm thinking a career in modeling... 2nd, I love that there is always something going on and you are there to enjoy it. That BBQ looks incredible. I love how excited Klane was about it and most especially that picture. 3rd, can I come to central park with you? Your pictures are beautiful and I know pictures never capture 100% of the beauty. You are awesome and I'm way excited for you!!! Seriously!!

The Graf Family said...

Angie!!! That is so much fun. We love BBQs too. I don't think I have ever seen a slab of meat(almost an entire animal) on a grill before. Crazy. It will be fun to see you and Klane in a couple of weeks at Justin's farewell. Love your pictures...like always.

Ryan and Donna said...

Looks tasty. You are having a wonderful adventure.

Amie said...

Angie,
It looks like you are adjusting well and having a great time!! All your interviews! OMG you will have a job in no time! I love the pictures you and Klane have been taking. Keep them coming. I want to come see you!!!!