Saturday, June 13, 2009

the perfect end to a perfect day

Today was my favorite day in NYC so far, hands down. It was perfect. First the fantastic job interviews, then Klane got off early and we packed a picnic dinner, walked through Central Park, and went to a free concert. Klane loves Josh Ritter, so we were super excited when we found out he was playing the opening night of Summerstage, the annual free concert series in the park. We ran into friends Carly, Tommy, Riley, Billy, Scott, Pat and Lindsay at the show. The weather was absolutely perfect, the park was beautiful, the music was great, the company was fun. It was definitely a good night to be living in New York. Everyone went to Shake Shack afterward for burgers, shakes and fries. We ordered the Upper West Side: strawberries, bananas and cookies in vanilla custard. Yum! Tommy introduced me to their cheese sauce and I am now addicted. We had such a great night and I am just so happy that we are where we are. We're loving it!


Bethesda Fountain


the line to get into the concert

Eating our sandwiches in line. Oh, he's cute. Even with his mouth full.




3 comments:

Sharla said...

Fun Fun Times!! I think your life is totally awesome.... not just reasonably awesome!!! Way to jump into the City. I have been singing NEW YORK, NEW YORK all week long at the top of my lungs. Brandon loves it! tee hee

Ross Co. said...

You aren't supposed to have all this fun! New York is supposed to be boring so that you guys decided to move back to Utah ASAP! Stop it! No more amazing days full of amazing pictures! You're making me amazingly jealous!

Krystyna said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THE SHAKE SHACK!!! Soooo delicious. Every time I've gone, though, I have had to wait in a ridiculous line. What a fun day this was! I wish Tyler and I could live out there with you guys!