Sunday, June 7, 2009

on a sunday

Our friends Pat and Lindsay came over for Sunday dinner, then we all went for a walk in the park. We explored the North Woods a little; it is so cool in there! You would never guess you're in the middle of New York City. If you stopped and listened, I don't think you'd hear the sounds of the city. It even smells like a forest. The weather today was gorgeous. We did get rained on a little at the end of our walk, but it was actually kind of nice.


taken by Lindsay






Klane and I are less healthy and topped our walk off with a treat.
Strawberry or caramel? How about both?

We're liking our ward a lot. I've subbed for Nursery and Primary the last two weeks and that's been fun. I did have kids running and screaming (literally. top of their lungs.) through the halls and locking us out of the classroom... and jumping off the chairs. Other than those little hiccups it was all treat-eating, toy-playing and picture-coloring fun.

Here's something to give you a good picture of the Harlem 1st Ward. There is a priest that comes into sacrament every Sunday wearing a do-rag (how do you even spell that?!). He walks to the front, takes his seat behind the sacrament table, removes said do-rag and proceeds to bless the sacrament like a perfect priesthood holder! I think it is awesome.

7 comments:

Gaskin Girl said...

Super awesome! I wish we had time to explore the park more when we were in NYC. (We only had one afternoon b/c we spent most of our 2 day trip filming at Rachael Ray.) Maybe you guys should check out a Rachael Ray show while you're there. It's an awesome experience and she has a really cool set!

Unknown said...

oh man. That Ice cream looks so good. That's fun you were able to have a nice nature walk on sunday.

theRach said...

Cool pictures -- they make me want to go camping or something! I love reading about all of your adventures in NY. It sounds like you're having the time of your life! How's the job hunt going?

Emily said...

i'm just loving your blog lately. That banana waffle looks AMAZING! My sister in law actually lives in NY as well and just turned 31 so she is out of the singles ward and into a family ward, I'll have to find out which one. Her names is Jessica White. She works at the temple as well if you ever are there and see someone who kind of looks like Jared only short and petite with cute funky glasses. Keep the great NY pics coming!

Alyssa/Jo said...

My here and there internet connection doesn't let me stay up to date all the time so it's great when I get to catch up on everything you are doing. Central Park really must be huge! I hope I get to visit it someday. It seems like there are little bakeries and shops everywhere. It would be hard not to stop in each one and get a treat. YUM! Oh...and I love the shoes you got that you have a picture of on the fire escape. I'm guessing they are an Aldo purchase. Love that place!

Yelena said...

gorgeous photos. :)
that ice cream look delicious! :)

Sharla said...

Almost as amazing as Stewart Falls. Lets get a picture there when you come for Justins Farewell, and by the way have you heard that missionary families are just dropping off their missionaries and not even going into the MTC because of swine flu! We got Bridgett Taylors wedding announcement today! Beautiful!!!