Monday, June 22, 2009

bryant park and more interviews


I had another interview on 40th street this evening, so I stopped at Bryant Park and snapped a quick photo in the fading evening light before hurrying home for dinner. I just love this park, I think it's gorgeous. I should've lingered to take a few more photos of the carousel, the people filling up the lawn getting ready for the Monday night classic movie, the twinkle lights on the edges of the pavilions, the vines growing over the buildings, the fountain. I've got to get over my fear of people staring at me because I'm holding a huge camera, looking like a tourist. So what? I pretty much am a tourist.

The interview went well, the office was nice. They all have been really great. I just can't move forward with anyone because I don't have a license yet. And I found out it's going to take a lot (a LOT) longer than I thought for the state to process my application and get me the license. Like, six weeks longer. I won't be working till the beginning of August, people. I'm way bummed at the prospect of another month of having no purpose. But I guess I'm getting really good at job interviews in the meantime. ;)

5 comments:

Christine said...

bummer. i'm sorry about the licensing thing. we all got our surprisingly quick out here.

i'll cross my fingers for you!

Calee said...

Ang, you will NOT spend a month without purpose; you are such the mover and shaker it doesn't matter if you are getting paid to be busy, you will be anyway!
In the meantime be sure to keep taking lots of photos so us bumpkins can live vicariously through your blog:).

Morgan said...

Oh goodness, I LOVE Bryant Park. I can't help but to think it's sad that out of all of the times that I went to the Crumbs right by Byrant Park (a lot), and of all of the times that I went to the Papyrus just a few stores down (a LOT), only ONCE did I ever actually visit the park. It was only a couple of weeks before I left New York to come home, and ohhh how I regret that.

I also regret that I followed my brother's foolish advice when he warned me not to take any pictures while I was out in the city, because then I would "look like a tourist and nobody likes tourists" (his words, not mine.) I guess I was equally foolish for listening to him. Please take this advice and DO NOT think that way. Bring your camera with you everywhere you go, and take lots, and lots, and LOTS of pictures. Have no regrets.

Sorry to just spill all of my guilt out on you like this! It's just that all I had to hear were "people staring," "huge camera," and "tourist" to get me thinking, "NOOOO, ANGIE! Don't make my same mistaaaaake!" Please learn from my mistakes and make the very most of your time in the city. Make memories, and capture them. It seems that you are already doing that:) Just promise me that you'll never stop.

Angie said...

Morgan, I LOVE your advice! I will certainly try my best to take it. It will be worth it in the end when I have all those memories captured forever! Thanks!

Sharla said...

I can see that next time we are in the city we need to go to Bryant Park for a little stroll and some down time. Beautiful! You will figure this whole thing out Angie and it well be perfect.