Thursday, June 11, 2009

if you give a mouse a cookie


I don't have a problem with mice. I think they're cute, actually. I just don't want to live with them. I don't want to share my food, or find their poop in my house.

A while ago Klane saw a mouse dash across the floor, but we hadn't seen or heard anything since then. Tonight I made cookies, and when I opened the drawer below the oven for a baking sheet, I found mouse droppings. On my baking sheet. No, no. Not okay. Right now we're listening to this noisy, incessant squeaking noise which we can't localize but which seems to be coming from behind the fridge... or maybe it's under the sink... or in the walls. I didn't know mice actually squeaked, repeatedly, for no reason at all. Apparently they do. There is a mouse-squeakin party going on in our walls.

We're going to buy traps.

4 comments:

Calee said...

Ewww, I'm sorry! We had a field mouse in our house the first summer we moved in and I literally tore everything apart trying to find it; I drove both Jed and myself crazy! It didn't take long to get rid of with a trap though, hopefully your's won't either; good luck:)!

PS- you do look HOT in your suit. I can say that without sounding creepy, right;)?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are a brave soul. That would drive me insane! Oh, and your suit for your interviews is so cute--way to be an adult!

Unknown said...

Instead of traps, I would go with the rat glue.

Pro: multiple mice in one night...bang for your buck.

Con: sometimes the mice dont die, so...you might have to bash them with a rock.

Carly April said...

My mouth is salivating looking at this picture. Maybe you should see what happens when you give a Carly a cookie! Just a suggestion.