Friday, June 12, 2009

two awesome interviews!!

Bryant Park and the New York Public library. Found on Flickr.

I am LOVING this!! I had such a great day. I had two AMAZING interviews and I am so, so happy with the way things went. This is going to be so great!

One interview was with an office on 40th street. I love the area. I walked by Bryant Park and the New York Public Library on my way there; it was so beautiful! The doctors were young and so chill, funny and nice. We talked about snowboarding and waterskiing, as well as job interview stuff. They’re starting a hygiene program in their office, and they don’t mind hiring a new graduate! What an amazing opportunity it would be to start your own hygiene program and build it up. And this would be such a fun environment to work in. I felt so great about the interview, it went extremely well and we had fun and got along great. They’re having me back for a working interview. I’m really excited!

Afterward I went to Bryant park and sat here while telling my mom about the interview. It was a lot prettier today than this picture! More green and the lighting was beautiful!

The second was with the temp agency. I wasn’t very excited for this one. When I called earlier, the woman said she probably couldn’t help me. But after meeting me, it was a completely different story! She said she hadn’t realized on the phone that I was from “out of town” and now that she’d met me she knew she’d have absolutely no problem getting me temp work or a job, whatever I want. Amazing! She raved about girls from Utah and how they’re the best and all the doctors want to hire them. She has three offices in mind that are looking to fill positions and she wants to place me above anyone else! I couldn’t believe it!

As soon as the elevator door closed, I did a victory dance and jumped around and squealed. I couldn’t believe it. I’m so happy! Life is good!

8 comments:

Sara said...

HOODALOO!!!!!! thats so awesome ang!!

Amber and Ryan said...

That is so awesome! So it looks like you will get a job a lot faster than you thought. I am so glad it is going well for you. I hope I have success when the time comes. Were you nervous before the interviews?

theRach said...

Awesome, Ang! I am so excited for you.....! :)

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

Ang! Congratulations on nailing both those interviews! It doesn't surprise me at all your amazing!

Angie said...

Amber, I was really nervous before my first interview, but after that I really wasn't. The one on Friday called me to schedule it the night before, so it happened so fast I didn't really have time to be nervous. And for the first one I was trying sooo hard to be like, professional and well-spoken, but then I kind of decided it would be better to just be myself. I was way more relaxed after that. It was actually fun to chat with the doctors and stuff, they were way way cool.

Sharla said...

It has been great getting the low down on the phone each time you have an experience there in the City. Thank heavens for cell phones!

Morgan said...

When you are so excited, how could I possibly not be happy for you? I'm so glad to hear that your interviews went so well! That does sound like a perfectly perfect day.
Also, I'm really hoping that you can get rid of that mouse very soon, if you haven't already. Mice are NOT cute. Not even just a little bit.

Colette said...

Angie! What great opportunities you have! I LOVE when things just start falling into place. I am really excited for you. How fun!