Tuesday, June 23, 2009

do you want fries with that?



Met Klane for lunch today. We were trying to decide a place when Klane got an idea and said, "Hey, want to try something weird?" Well of course! Weird food is much more fun than regular food. He brought me around the corner to this small deli that sells paninis in the funniest flavor combos. The guy behind the counter has a thick accent and you can't understand him half the time, but it's okay because he will just tell you what you're ordering. Klane walked in and the guy's like, "You'll have a #6." Sounds good! He then told me I was getting a #7. Klane's had chicken, american cheese, bacon and mayo, and mine had chicken, tomato, american cheese, honey mustard and french fries. Don't worry, I knew this was what I was ordering and had the power to change it if I wanted. It was fun to try something different. Gotta love New York.

7 comments:

Sara said...

he he he i was dying over your comment. all i could imagine was us singing scattering sunshine the whole way home from church that one sunday and you prancing around throwing imaginary flower petals everywhere

Sharla said...

I Love you Ang!!

Alyssa/Jo said...

So I see you are eating out quite the bit, you aren't working, and you mentioned you aren't exercising...what a life!! I think you better get your running shoes on and fly back to Utah and run the race with me. You know you want to...

kaylie jean. said...

Okay, I love this. AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

When I had a gyro in Athens, they stuffed it full of french fries...it was interesting. I'm jealous of all the fun places you've been eating!

Sharla said...

Where is the Calle post......We are all waiting!!!!

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

I'm so jealous that you live somewhere with so many street vendors! That is so fun.