Wednesday, June 17, 2009

birthdays are some of the best holidays

house: decorated.
complete with drawings all over chalkboard wall.

gift: permission to take the plunge and get an iPhone.
also, favorite treats.

klane: extremely unbelievably excited.
(if anyone should have an iphone, it is definitely klane. those who know him will agree.)

dinner: caracas arepa bar. east village.

what is an arepa? delicious messy venezuelan goodness. worth the trip downtown.

dessert: cake and ice cream.

cake: butter lane. banana cake with peanut butter frosting. (i still like the cream cheese)

klane is sneaking a taste.

ice cream: australian homemade.

We would like to recommend the East Village as a cool place to eat and hang out. It is great.

Might I just take a moment and celebrate Klane on his birthday? Klane is amazing. Truly. He is one of the most talented, intelligent, dedicated people I know. He knows everything because he's a self-teacher and he loves to learn. He is constantly blowing me away with the new things he learns for work, with photography, about web design, about computers, about anything technological... he's a genius. People take it for granted and don't realize the reason he knows so much is because he cares enough to go out and learn it himself. I love that about him. He's also a deeply good person with true integrity, which is a rare quality, I think. He's caring and thoughtful. He is handsome. He's creative. I could go on, he's a lot of things. I'm just glad he's mine.

5 comments:

Alyssa/Jo said...

Happy Birthday Klane!! (Shane is exclaiming it too ;) You are guys are awesome and this post made me super wish we had all met A LOT sooner. Shane is certainly the self taught type. His deals more with physical labor...with the powers of Klane and Shane combined, they would be unstoppable! (Not to mention their names together has a rather catchy ring!) Keep the good luck rolling! Oh and I'm loving your chalkboard wall! Did you paint that or was it already like that? I've seen it on HGtv and wondered what it was really like...

Angie said...

Ha, the rhyming dynamic duo, Klane and Shane! :) Yes, the chalkboard wall was already like that. I'm glad because I never would've thought of doing it myself, but it's fun to have!

Sharla said...

Happy Birthday Klane! We Love You!! Thanks for being so amazing and for making life wonderful for our daughter. I can't think of a better son-in-law in the world!! I am so grateful for the two of you!

Sara said...

klane could probably make his own iphone. seriously though. happy late birthday schwane!

k. said...

Butter Lane + Arepas! What a fun combination. ;)

Good job on the job front. That's great news.