Sunday, June 21, 2009

happy father's day

I've been extremely blessed with an incredible father. Looking back over my life, I can see just how much I've learned from him and how he has impacted my life and the person I've become. I'm so grateful for that! My dad has made quality family time a huge priority even with a busy work schedule, taking us on vacations, going camping and hiking, regular FHE's, daddy-daughter dates, family dinners together, the list goes on. I'm so grateful to have a close relationship to my dad. He taught me how to waterski (and I taught him how to snowboard!), he taught me how to be a great assistant and led me into the career I'm in today, he taught me the value of hard work, he taught me about integrity through his example. He is such a generous person who gets joy from sharing and providing things and experiences for people. He always encouraged me to reach my full potential, and I always knew that he was proud of me, whatever I accomplished. I could say a lot more about my incredible dad, but I'll just say that I love him.

I love that when I married Klane I felt like I was gaining another family as my own. Klane's parents are top notch, and I really appreciate his dad Dave for raising his family the way he has. Dave made family time a priority, taking his family on lots of camping and hiking trips in southern Utah. The Hardings are a tight-knit family who love to laugh and joke together, because they've shared so much time and so many experiences together. Dave is also such a kind person. I've really felt loved and welcomed as his daughter (in law). He cooks a mean steak, taught Klane to ski, is an artist in the wood shop, and has done the Alpine Loop on his bike, which is just an insane accomplishment in my book. He's passionate about Apple computers and the Boston RedSox (I wonder where Klane gets it from?). I love Dave and I'm grateful to have him in my life and for the man he raised Klane to be.

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Wow! What beautiful tributes from a beautiful daughter. Thank you for being so expressive and bringing such joy to those who love you. It means the world and you have a gift for being able to express yourself and get heart felt words to come thru on paper, or the computer in this case!! Can't wait to see you in 4 days!!

Ryan and Donna said...

I hope my daughters will think of me someday the way you think of your father. I do have to agree with you as I have watched him raise you. Just the right mix of love and discipline. His generosity has brought so many fun memories to the extended family as well. Both of your parents have been wonderful examples of Righteous Parents. (I guess you could also apply the 90's version of that word as in "Righteous Dude" as well as the church version!) And you and your siblings are living proof of that...(the church version) Anyway, you get my point. :-)